When purchasing a policy for your boat, yacht or marine insurance needs, you have a few options from which to choose. The choices are generally:
Homeowners Insurance Agent / General Agent – This is your corner store agency that writes your home, auto, health, and life insurance.
Direct Writers – These are the insurance companies (not agencies) who write their product direct to consumers. Progressive, Liberty Mutual, & Geico Auto Insurance are examples. The people you are getting a quote from work for the insurance company.
Niche / Specialty Agents – These are agents who focus on a particular industry niche, like Maritime Insurance International.
While this may sound self-serving, there are significant advantages to using a niche or specialty agent when searching for insurance for your boat, yacht, or marine business. We aren’t the only ones. There are several other great agencies out there in the space to help you, and a few of our competitors we think highly of are listed at the bottom of this page.
Benefits of Working with A Marine Insurance Agency
So how do you benefit from working with an agency specializing in marine insurance?
- They are independent. As such, the agents will work on your behalf.
- They know the marine products. They aren’t just selling you a low price or reducing the limits to get you hooked only on a premium. A dedicated marine insurance agency will be able to provide insights into the proper coverages and better explain their value.
- Better rates. More often than not, a specialist marine insurance agency will also have the lowest price on Boat, Yacht & Marine policies even with enhanced coverages.
- They have relationships with the carriers. These relationships allow us to discuss the accounts with the carriers to obtain possible credits or assist in placing more difficult risks. They are valuable to the insured.
- Better assistance with claims. When you have a claim, a marine insurance specialist will actually know what to do and can assist you through the claims process. Since there are only a handful of carriers and all they write is marine insurance, you can bet that they have handled a similar claim quite recently.
- They have access to all or nearly all the markets. One thing consumers have historically done is “shop” various marine specialists. This is natural, however, given that there is a finite number of carriers for Boat, Yacht & Marine insurance, chances are that a good agent will cover all of the markets or at least all of the competitive markets on your behalf. We want you in the right product, and we want you to know we did the shopping for you. The good marine insurance agencies don’t sandbag it. They work hard to get you a good policy at a good price.
Get In Touch Today
At Maritime Insurance International, we think that as a consumer you deserve the best. Agents specializing in insurance for Boats, Yachts, & Marine risks will be in a position to best serve you in all capacities, including service, price, options, and advice. If you’re ready to explore your marine insurance options or have any questions after reviewing this, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us: email@example.com / 843.606.5270
If you decide we aren’t the right fit for you, here are some other agencies specializing in marine insurance we think highly of:
- Global Marine Insurance ~ Traverse City, Michigan – 800.748.0224
- Wells Marine Insurance ~ Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina – 910.208.9120
- Anchor Marine Insurance ~ Mercer Island, Washington – 800.726.2728
- Atlass Insurance Group ~ Fort Lauderdale, Florida – 800.330.3370