Yacht Insurance for vessels over 27′ is our sweet spot. If you are looking for yacht insurance, then you have come to the right place. With access to nearly every major market for insuring yachts, coupled with our years of experience writing diverse yacht values and navigational requirements, we’ll help you find the right product to suit your unique needs and budget. Just click below to get started on your quote.
We utilize our extensive carrier availability to provide customers with the most affordable premiums available to meet their specific needs. Our network of carriers provides yacht insurance for vessels over 27’ throughout North and South America, as well as the Caribbean, and many other locations.
What differentiates our Agency is our exclusive focus on marine and yacht insurance. Our Agents understand the products we are providing, can explain the yacht insurance coverage to you and are here to assist in the event your vessel has a claim. This is what a consumer should expect from their yacht insurance agent.
At Maritime Insurance International, we understand that a yacht is often one of the most significant investments a person can have. As such, we are eager to help you protect your investment from the worst the sea has to offer. Contact us today, and let us put our expertise to work for you in finding the right yacht insurance plan for your needs.
General Considerations for Yacht Insurance
- Always provide your 12 month cruising itinerary – the more we can dial in the navigation, the better the rate!
- For US East Coast Vessels – Can you be north of Florida from 7/1-11/1? If so, let us know.
- Surveys required for vessels in excess of 20 years in age and over $40,000 in value.
- For vessels in excess of $150,000 over 20 years in age: we can indicate premiums contingent on a survey.
- Liability Only – Non-Liveaboards – available upon request (certain states).
- Liability Only – Liveaboards – requires survey for vessels in excess of 10 years in age.
- Wooden Vessels – require out-of-water survey (within 12 months) included with any application to indicate any rates.
Custom Enhanced Programs for Yacht Insurance
- Custom / Semi-Custom Sportfish, Trawlers, Long Range Cruisers, & “Down East” Boats in excess of $250,000
- Yachts over $1,000,000 with a full-time captain
- Yachts over $1,000,000 with owner / operators
Types of Vessels
• Private Pleasure
• Six Pack Charters and Inspected Vessels
• Incidental Charters (Varies between 10-21 / year)
• Full-time Cruisers / Liveaboard
• Great Loopers
• United States
• Turks & Caicos
• Atlantic & Pacific Crossings
• Panama Canal Crossings
• South America