For those in the business of repairing and servicing recreational boats & yachts, there is a great solution for insuring your business. The program is called a Marine Artisan Policy. This boat repair insurance is specifically tailored toward small shops, including solo operators. Our policies are low cost solutions to provide you the coverages you will need in the course of your marine business as well as the requirements almost all marinas now have. In most cases, we can provide a quote in as little as a few hours.
[button to=”https://www.cognitoforms.com/MARITIMEINSURANCE1/MarineArtisanApplication”] Get A Quick Quote [/button]
Packaged Boat & Yacht Repair Insurance Policies
We generally will place marine artisan policies on a combined single limit policy, whereby all your coverages fall under a single limit. This allows the needed coverages to be included in the most economical way possible. Some of the businesses we regularly insure within these programs include:
- General Boat and Yacht Repair & Maintenance
- Boat and Yacht Detailing & Cleaning
- Electrical Installation & Servicing
- Mechanical installation & Servicing
- Canvas, Sail, and Rigging work
- Carpentry & Finish Work
- Divers—Provided the work is limited to bottom cleaning, zinc replacement & wheel swaps
- Mobile Operations
Primary Boat Repair Insurance Coverages
Whether you are an individual artisan or run a small business that provides boat repair services, we can find an ideal policy for you. We understand that your business is very important to you, and we want to help you protect it. Our primary boat repair coverages include:
- Marine General Liability. This is similar to General Liability; however, it will cover your Marine Work as well. This coverage is for third party property damage or bodily injury you are liable for.
- Marina Operators or Ship Repairers Legal Liability. This is coverage for vessels and related equipment while in your care, custody, and control (while under repair by your business).
- Protection & Indemnity Insurance. This provides third party coverage for bodily injury and property damage as a result of watercraft operation.
Other Optional Coverages Available
Not all businesses are the same. We provide additional coverages to meet your unique needs:
- Tools & Equipment. This coverage is available for small unscheduled tools you may have or scheduled pieces of highly valued equipment. This is an optional coverage if needed.
- Work Boats. If you use a work boat in the course of your business, you will want to include this for at least protection & indemnity as a scheduled watercraft on the policy. Hull Coverage is also available.
The Quoting Process Is Quick and Easy
To request a boat repair insurance quote, simply complete this application. Once we have the information, quotes are usually turned around within a couple of hours.
If you have been holding off getting insurance for your business, are needing a boat repair insurance policy for a marina, or just want to be sure you are getting the best value for your money, please contact us today. We will be more than happy to put together a proposal or further discuss the coverages. We have a number of agents proficient in these programs who would love an opportunity to help out.